Bordeaux Plus: Left Bank in 2 Hours
Left Bank and Right Bank Bordeaux --- how are they different?
In this first of a series of two, we will focus on the Left Bank, or the Médoc, in Bordeaux. We will examine how soil, weather and grape variety ultimately influence aroma, flavour and ageing capability of the wines produced there. We will discuss vintage variation and classifications of Left Bank Bordeaux by a comparative tasting of the most famous appellations from north to south: Médoc, St-Estèphe, Pauillac, St-Julien and Margaux.
An ideal course for the Bordeaux enthusiast looking for more in-depth knowledge.
- In the vineyard and the cellar
- Journey through the appellations
- Comparative tasting
- Château Patache d'Aux 2014, Medoc
- Chateau Leoville Poyferre 2015, St Julien 2eme Cru GCC
- Château Lafon Rochet 2012, St Estephe 4eme Cru GCC
- Château Cantenac Brown 2009, Margaux 3eme Cru GCC
- Château Grand Puy Ducasse 2009, Pauillac 5eme Cru GCC
*Special package: Join with Bordeaux Plus: Right Bank in 2 Hours for just $1,380! (AWSEC Club Cash coupon is not applicable to this package)