Italian Wine Scholar Prep Course
WHAT ARE THE LEARNING OUTCOMES?
By the end of the course students will be able to:
- Identify the location of the profiled appellations on a map of Italy
- Describe the style of each of the wines covered in the session
- Recall the main grape varieties associated with each wine covered in the session
- Understand how key environmental factors have influenced the style of the wines
- Recall vinification and ageing techniques that contribute to the style of the wines
- Decrypt the meaning of key labelling terms
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAM COVER?
Italy is home to over 400 DOCs and DOCGs; IWS Prep introduces you to 39 of the most well-known appellations. Thirty-two primary appellations are covered in significant detail, with seven “Detour” appellations included to round out the curriculum. Grape varieties, wine profiles and labelling terms are all explored. Each wine is presented within a regional and cultural context. Local landmarks and traditional cuisines are also highlighted.
WHO IS THE IWS PREP PROGRAM FOR?
- Inquisitive wine enthusiasts wanting to become more familiar with the intricacies of Italian wine
- Aspiring wine professionals
- Hospitality professionals new to the world of Italian wine
- Anyone wishing to become more knowledgeable about Italy, and its wine and food culture
IWS PREP COURSEBOOK
A beautifully designed 125-page, full-color coursebook divided into three sections covering the wines of Northern, Central and Southern Italy with custom-designed icons to clearly signpost information and beautifully designed maps.
WHAT ABOUT THE EXAM?
Enrollment in this engaging and informative course includes an optional exam sit. The optional exam is comprised of 50 multiple-choice questions, the passing score is 60%. Passing students will be awarded the IWS Prep Certificate.
2 Persons Discount
|(Paid 1 month before course starts)|
Dec 16, 23, 30
|7:30pm - 10:00pm||English||HKD 4280||TBC|| Enrol