The Wines of Italy - Glass by Glass
WHAT ARE THE LEARNING OUTCOMES?
By the end of the course students will be able to:
- Describe the style of each of the wines covered in the session
- Recall the main grape varieties associated with each wine covered in the session
- Understand how key environmental factors have influenced the style of the wines
- Recall vinification and ageing techniques that contribute to the style of the wines
- Decrypt the meaning of key labelling terms
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAM COVER?
Italy is home to over 400 DOCs and DOCGs; "The Wines of Italy - Glass by Glass" introduces you to 39 of the most well-known appellations. Thirty-two primary appellations are covered in significant detail, with seven “Detour” appellations included to round out the curriculum. Grape varieties, wine profiles and labelling terms are all explored. Each wine is presented within a regional and cultural context. Local landmarks and traditional cuisines are also highlighted.
WHO IS "THE WINES OF ITALY: GLASS BY GLASS" PROGRAM FOR?
- Inquisitive wine enthusiasts wanting to become more familiar with the intricacies of Italian wine
- Aspiring wine professionals
- Hospitality professionals new to the world of Italian wine
- Anyone wishing to become more knowledgeable about Italy, and its wine and food culture
"THE WINES OF ITALY: GLASS BY GLASS" COURSEBOOK
A beautifully designed 125-page, full-colour coursebook divided into three sections covering the wines of Northern, Central and Southern Italy with custom-designed icons to clearly signpost information and beautifully designed maps.
WHAT ABOUT THE EXAM?
Enrollment in this engaging and informative course includes an exam. The exam is comprised of 50 multiple-choice questions in 45 minutes, the passing score is 60%. Passing students will be awarded the IWS Prep Certificate.
|1||Northern Italy White & Red|
|2||Central Italy White & Red|
|3||Northern Italy Sparkling & Southern Italy White & Red|
Address: Room 1501 & 1503-08, 15/F, Kai Tak Commercial Building, 317-319 Des Voeux Road Central, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong (Entrance on Morrison Street)
2 Persons Discount
|(Paid 1 month before course starts)|
|9:30am - 6:15pm||English||HKD 4280||Sep 12 10:00am-10:45am|| Enrol