WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines
WHY STUDY WSET® LEVEL 4 DIPLOMA IN WINES?
The Level 4 Diploma in Wines is WSET®’s flagship qualification, providing in-depth knowledge and understanding of wines and the global industry. It’s divided into six ‘units’, each focusing on a key element of the world of wines, and you must pass every unit to gain the qualification.
Achieving the WSET® Diploma: change your life.
CAREER PROSPECTS AND PROFESSIONAL PROGRESSION
The WSET® Diploma is considered by many as the premier entry ticket for the wine trade and is recognised and respected internationally. To date, since 1969, only 9,177 people globally have achieved the qualification, including such notable alumni as Jancis Robinson MW OBE, Gérard Basset MS MW OBE and Serena Sutcliffe MW (to name but a very few!). This valued qualification is highly desirable for those who wish to pursue a serious career at an expert level in the wine and spirit industry. Aldi's Wine Buying Director Mike James, for instance, attests that achieving it has played an "invaluable role" in his professional development.
The knowledge acquired at Diploma level does not go unrecognised by the industry’s decision-makers; being able to use the letters DipWSET after your name adds prestige and credibility to your CV.
WHY STUDY DIPLOMA WITH AWSEC?
- WSET® Educator of the year, 2013
- The longest WSET® Approved Programme Provider in Hong Kong, China & Asia
- Exclusive WSET® Diploma Provider in Hong Kong
- AWSEC has more than 800 WSET® Diploma Graduates
- Trained students with outstanding WSET® examination results
- AWSEC students and graduates hold key roles in the wine, sake and spirits industry
- Global presence – 20 cities in 7 countries
- Extra add-on courses as supplementary classes
- Blended learning with classroom tuition and online workshops which is suited to both local and overseas students
- AWSEC offers 3 study options and we offer many examination dates
AWSEC STUDENTS’ ACHIEVEMENT
- The Vintners’ Cup – World’s highest aggregate mark WSET® Level 4 Diploma graduates in 2013, 2015 & 2019
- Greater China’s highest mark WSET® Level 3 graduate
- Hong Kong & Macau’s highest mark WSET® Level 3 graduate
- World’s highest achieving WSET® Level 2 graduate outside of the UK
- Win awards and scholarships at WSET® Level 2 and 3 every year
ENROL INTO THE WSET® LEVEL 4 DIPLOMA
- Candidates must hold either the WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines (or the WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines and Spirits) to enrol the WSET® Level 4 Diploma and must be over 18 to have passed the Level 3.
- Candidates whose first language is not English are strongly recommended to have an IELTS score of 6.5 or above or be able to demonstrate an equivalent ability level.
Students can choose either:
- Part-Time Evening Programme
- The Part-Time Evening Programme suits students who live in Hong Kong or can be in Hong Kong for regular evening lessons
- Block Release Programme, or
- The Block Release Programme suits students who do not live in Hong Kong and cannot attend the Part-Time Evening Programme.
- Distance Learning Programme
- Each student registered for the Distance Learning Programme will be assigned a Hong Kong-based online tutor from AWSEC. The assigned tutor will answer questions from students by e-mail and will give students practice tasting notes and theory questions to complete to a given timetable.
as their mode of study.
For more details, please download the Diploma Course Programme HERE.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
NEW WORRY-FREE INSTALMENT PAYMENT PLAN
Join the WSET® Level 4 Diploma in Wines February 2021 intake and enjoy flexible payment options to put your mind at ease.
*All payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. Payment must be received on or before the above deadline to proceed to the next stage of the course.
For Programme Schedule and more details of Year 1 February 2021 Intake, please click HERE.
Programme Schedule and more details of Year 2 February 2021 Intake, please click HERE.
Download the Application Form of Year 1 February 2021 Intake HERE (Application deadline: 22 February 2021 5:00pm)
Download the Application Form of Year 2 February 2021 Intake HERE (Extended Application deadline: 20 April 2021 12:00pm)
Address: Room 1501 & 1503-08, 15/F, Kai Tak Commercial Building, 317-319 Des Voeux Road Central, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong (Entrance on Morrison Street)