WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits
- A lineup of wines / spirits at each session to highlight the learning objectives
- Over 50 wines and spirits tasted from many countries and grape varieties
- Broad coverage of both wines and spirits – the only WSET course before Level 4 Diploma combined both in a course
- 9 sessions (18 hours in total)
- 1 hour closed-book exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions
- Conducted in English or Cantonese (with English materials)
A comprehensive qualification covers the major grape varieties, the important wine regions where they are grown as well the styles of wines made. Understand quality of wine, the key classifications and labeling terminology. An overview of spirit is included. It caters to professionals & enthusiasts. At each session there will be a lineup of wines to highlight the learning objectives with almost 50 wines and spirits tasted from many countries and grape varieties during the course.
There is no prerequisite to attend the Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits, although we recommend that students should have acquired some basic knowledge prior to attending the course (perhaps gained from Level 1 Award in Wines or attending some of our Tutored Tastings or Workshops).
Once you obtain the Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits qualification, you can apply to use the WSET Certified logo.
|Sessions||Areas Covered||Sessions||Areas Covered|
|1||Tasting Technique, Food & Wine Pairing||6||Other White Grape Varieties & Wine Styles|
|2||Factors influencing Style, Quality & Price,
The Wine Label
|7||Other Red Grape Varieties & Fortified Wines|
|3||Chardonnay & Pinot Noir||8||Sparkling Wines & Sweet Wines|
|4||Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot & Sauvignon Blanc||9||Spirits & Revision|
|5||Riesling, Grenache, Syrah/Shiraz|
|Examination:||A closed-book examination that consists of 50 multiple-choice questions worth one mark each|
|Exam Duration:||1 Hour|