Italian Wine Scholar - Unit 1: The Wines of Northern Italy
- Cover 9 major wine regions in Northern Italy
- Taste 50+ wines from different DOC/G
- Comprehensive and up-to-date study manual with images of iconic wine labels of each region, most recent trends with emphasis on flavour and structure profiles of DOC/G wines
- A combination of 9 sessions (18 hours) of in-class learning and E-learning
- 1-year access to Italian Wine Scholar Unit 1 interactive online study modules together with live and recorded webinars for class prep and review. Downloadable maps, online quizzes, pronunciation exercises and learning games for self-evaluation are also available
- Candidates who successfully passed the certification exams of both units are conferred the Italian Wine Scholar title with the IWS post-nominal to their professional signatures
- 1 hour closed-book exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions. Passing grade: 75%
Italian Wine Scholar is the most advanced and comprehensive certification program specialised in Italian wines with 21 wine regions covered. Developed by Wine Scholar Guild with the support of the Italian wine DOC/G consortia, this program is exclusively taught by AWSEC in Hong Kong, the winner of Wine Scholar Guild Program Provider of the Year in 2015. Candidates who successfully passed the certification exams of both units are conferred the Italian Wine Scholar title and encouraged to use the IWS post-nominal as part of their professional signatures. They will also receive the Italian Wine Scholar certificate and a lapel pin.
The Italian Wine Scholar Unit 1: The Wines of Northern Italy provides up-to-date, extensive and precise information on the diverse wines and wine regions of Northern Italy. This is the most advanced and comprehensive specialisation study program designed for members of the wine trade working with Italian wine. It is also suitable for wine enthusiasts seeking in-depth knowledge or planning for their wine travels.
This is the first part of the Italian Wine Scholar series, which covers Italy’s 9 distinct wine regions in northern part of this extraordinary country. In each of the region, you will learn:
- History, culture and traditions
- Location and climate with their effects on viticulture and wines
- Topography, geography and soils
- Grape varieties and their organoleptic profiles
- Viticulture and winemaking
- Wine industry trends and economics
- All DOCs and DOCGs with their regulations, wine styles and specificities.
Unit 2 is a separate course covering 12 regions in central and southern Italy. To achieve the Italian Wine Scholar credential/pin candidates must study and pass both Unit 1 and Unit 2 examinations.
8 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER BECOMING AN ITALIAN WINE SCHOLAR:
1. To drink and speak like an Italian by learning about the iconic grapes, and appellations as well as hidden gems that only Italian knows
2. To Specialise! Many in the industry have general wine credentials. The Italian Wine Scholar program allows you to set yourself apart by acquiring an advanced-level, focused skill set
3. To enhance your working knowledge of Italian wine by understanding the impact of history, the significance of geological events, the importance of topographical markers and the influence of climatic factors on the wine in the glass
4. To become more confident at buying and cellaring Italian wines by studying how the wines are made and labeled
5. To tackle challenging theory exams from WSET, Society of Wine Educators, Court of Master Sommeliers and Institute of Masters of Wine
6. To start your vinous exploration if you are considering working in the wine industry. Many reference France and Italy as the benchmark for wine production
7. To enhance your value to your employer! Wine professionals that invest in professional development tend to perform better at their job and get recognised for it
8. To join a vibrant community of Italian Wine lovers who consider this program, the benchmark for Italian wine education
|2||Friuli Venezia Giulia||7||Emilia Romagna|
|4||Trentino & Alto Adige||9||Piemonte (2)|
|5||Liguria & Valle d'Aosta|
Validity: Both Unit 1 & 2 courses must be completed within 24 months.
2 Persons Discount
2 Persons Early Bird
|(Paid 1 month before course starts)|
Mar 14, 21, 28
|10:00am - 5:15pm||English||HKD 7980||May 02 10:00am-11:30am|| Enrol