WSET Level 3 Award in Sake
- AWSEC is the first APP in the world to deliver this qualification
- Advanced level course for you to learn about the various production methods and their impact on style, quality and price of Sake
- Taste around 50 Sakes of all styles, including Sake produced outside of Japan
- 8 sessions classroom learning (18 hours in total) + online study
- No prior knowledge in Sake needed. There will be an online study programme prior to the class for you to learn / reinforce your basic Sake knowledge
- 2 hours closed-book exam consists of both theory and practical units
This fascinating and diverse beverage category is as interesting and complex to study as any wine or spirit and will enhance knowledge of the world of alcoholic beverages available to consumers. Students attending this course will learn about the various production methods and their impact on style, quality and price of Sake. Students will also taste a wide range of styles, many of which are rarely available outside of Japan to reinforce their learning, build their tasting skills and ability to assess Sake.
This course combines classroom and online study. Throughout the entire 8-lesson course, individuals would be able to taste around 50 Sakes to gain the experience. There is no prior learning in the subject required to enter the programme, however, students will be required to complete a monitored online study programme which will commence two weeks before attending the classroom based element of the course.
|Sessions||Areas Covered||Sessions||Areas Covered|
|1||Review of Sake Brewing and An Introduction to Tasting||5||Jozo Alcohol and Filtration|
|2||Rice Growing, Making Steamed White Rice and Fundamental Concepts||6||Finishing, Storage and Service of Sake|
|3||Making Koji, Water and Yeast||7||Speciality Styles of Sake, Label Reading and Kanji|
|4||Fermentation Starter, Main Fermentation, Regionality and Styles of Sake||8||Sake Trade Organisations, Sales and Exports|
Candidates will be required to pass a closed-book examination, comprising two units.
Unit One: A written examination of two parts comprises:
Unit Two: A tasting examination in the form of a blind tasting of two sakes.
Unit One: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
Unit Two: 30 Minutes
|Passing Grade:||In order to be awarded the WSET® Level 3 Award in Sake, candidates must achieve a pass (55%) in all papers and both units of the examination.|
2 Persons Discount
2 Persons Early Bird
|(Paid 1 month before course starts)|
Jul 1, 2
|1:00PM - 5:45PM (Day 1) 10:00AM - 6:00PM (Day 2-3)||English||HKD 6980||Aug 04 09:00am-11:30am|| Enrol
Oct 19, 20, 21
(Fri, Sat, Sun)
|1:00PM - 5:45PM (Day 1) 10:00AM - 6:00PM (Day 2-3)||English||HKD 6,780||Dec 01 09:00am-11:30am|| Enrol